Free and Reduced Meal Application
Parents are encouraged to wait and submit one application for free and reduced meal benefits for the entire household during the annual online student registration process in August 2017 prior to the first day of school. However, applications for the 2017-18 school year may be submitted at any time after July 10, 2017.
OneSource Online Instant Processor makes it easy and convenient to apply for meal benefits for your child at the click of a button. The online application asks for your student’s birth date and/or student identification number. If this information is not available, please contact the Salt Lake City School District for a paper application.
Parents may also elect to print out and submit a paper application to the kitchen manager or child nutrition department. Applications are available in a variety of languages at https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/translated-applications.
Important things to remember:
- Applications for free and reduced meal benefits must be submitted each school year and are not valid if dated or received prior to July 1, 2017.
- You are responsible for all meal charges accrued by your student until a completed application for free and reduced meal benefits is received by the kitchen manager or child nutrition department.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a letter in the mail within 3 to 5 business days that details the meal benefit status of each student on the application.
- Remember to include the names of all students and family members living in your household when you apply for meal benefits. Please submit only one application per household per year.
- Online applications are instantly and securely submitted to the school district for processing and approval. It is extremely fast, convenient and reliable. Remember to record the confirmation number provided at the conclusion of the online application process to verify your application is complete.
- Paper applications must be printed, completed, signed and submitted to the kitchen manager or child nutrition department. Processing paper applications may take up to 10 days to approve.