Salt Lake City School District is your best choice for fine arts education. We are currently focusing on the goal that every child has access to a quality arts education.
The Salt Lake City School District Office of Fine Arts under the Department of Academic Services and Professional Development expects that the Utah State Office of Education Fine Arts Core Curriculum which includes music, visual art, drama, and dance be taught to our students. We are working towards this outcome by providing professional development, resources, and support for our classroom teachers.
We currently have 29 Artstream Schools that have made a commitment to providing arts education to their students. Twenty five of our elementary schools are currently participating in the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program, where a half time arts specialist is funded through a legislative initiative. Salt Lake City School District also funds music specialists for each of its elementary schools. We also appreciate any support we receive from our patrons, arts organizations, business and community partners. For more information about the Beverly Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program click here.
The Salt Lake City School District is thrilled to have the following elementary schools participate in the BTSALP (Beverly Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program):
Visual Art Show
Featuring Artwork from the Salt Lake City School District Middle School and High School Students
Artistic License: The Fine Arts Department Newsletter
Current Issue of Artistic License: Artistic License Fall 2013
Past Issues of Artistic License: Newsletter Archive
Fine Arts Slideshows
Fall 2014: Students Creating
Artstream, is a Salt Lake City School District Choice Initiative offered in several schools working collaboratively across elementary, middle and high school levels to provide strong academics and more ways for students to learn and find success by integrating dance, drama, music and visual arts into the curriculum, K-12.
Partners and Organizations
- ArtsBridge America at the University of Utah
- ArtsEdge at The Kennedy Center
- A.R.T.S., Inc.
- art works for kids!
- Bad Dog Arts
- Ballet West
- Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program (BTSALP)
- Center for Documentary Arts
- Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Art
- friends of art works for kids!
- The Grand Theatre
- The Kennedy Center - Partners in Education
- Kingsbury Hall at the University of Utah
- The Met:Live in HD
- The Mundi Project
- Repertory Dance Theatre (rdt)
- Ririe Woodbury Dance Company
- Salt Lake Acting Company
- Salt Lake City Arts Council
- Salt Lake Education Foundation
- Sorenson Legacy Foundation
- Spy Hop
- Tanner Creative Dance Program at the University of Utah
- University of Utah College of Fine Arts
- University of Utah School of Music
- Utah Advisory Council of Theatre Teachers
- Utah Cultural Alliance and Artes de Mexico
- Utah Division of Arts and Museums (formerly The Utah Arts Council)
- Utah Film Center
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (formerly The Salt Lake Art Center)
- Utah Museum of Fine Art
- Utah Music Educators
- Utah Symphony Utah Opera
- Youth Theatre at the University of Utah