State Legislature Policy and Budget Issues
2016 General Session
This issues page is intended to provide a brief summary of legislative actions related to the priorities of the Salt Lake City School District.
Salt Lake City School District Priorities
We support investments in...
- Local control and flexibility
- focused efforts on local needs and priorities
- Early childhood education and services
- preK-3 enhancements and family support
- Proactive data and
- benchmarked interim and formative measures
- Recruiting, retaining, and supporting highly qualified teachers and staff
- professional development
- Increasing family
involvement in schools
- community learning centers
- Long-range planning and developing adequate resources
- statewide plan with strategically aligned resources
The 2016 Session of the Utah Legislature has concluded. You can review the bills passed during this legislative session on the Utah Legislature website.