Backman Elementary School
At Backman Elementary we believe in connection and achievement: connections to our students, our community and to each other. We work hard to raise student achievement through viable curriculum, rigorous access to core standards, and high quality student-centered learning.
- Our dedicated and hardworking staff is engaging in cutting edge, data-driven instruction to improve their instructional practices.
- Our attendance goal this year is to have 80% our students with no more than five absences for the year.
- We are focused on preparing our students for college and careers. We promote college bound characteristics each week.
- We have a schoolwide Restorative Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (RPBIS) system. Our schoolwide expectation are be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- We welcome parents and guardians to our monthly school community council, PTA, and Café con Leche meetings, where we discuss events, improvements, and solutions.
- Our extended school day allows us to provide each student with the following experiences each week: library, physical education, music, dance/movement, and two hours of science instruction.
- Backman is rich in technology with SmartBoards, computers, and iPads in every classroom and two computer labs.
- We house the Northwest Quadrant Academic Support classes for special education for grades 2-6. Our students are fully included in our general education classrooms with support from our special educators.
School Boundaries Map