Emerson Elementary School
At Emerson Elementary School we love to learn. The mission of Emerson is to develop a partnership among students, teachers, parents, and the community and to promote the educational development of our children. We strive to instill a lifelong love of learning and a respect for everyone in our society.
- Emerson fuses three incredible programs into one cohesive school community:
- A traditional K-6 elementary school;
- The International Pathways, a gifted and talented Spanish dual language immersion program; and
- Three district special education behavior support classes.
- Our students create a wonderfully diverse community and speak numerous languages including: English, Spanish, Tongan, German, Dutch, Chinese, Korean, French, Armenian, and Hebrew.
- We implement technology as a teaching and learning tool including Smartboards, document cameras, iPads, two computer labs, tablets, and roving laptop carts for student use.
- Emerson implements a Beverly Taylor Sorenson Program with an emphasis in K-3 music, a district instrumental music program for students in grades 4-6, and the school employs a part-time visual arts specialist.
- Our after school program provides child care and kindergarten enrichment activities.
- The Emerson Community Garden is an outdoor classroom and supports our science core instruction and our healthy lifestyles curriculum.
- We continue to exceed academic expectations through weekly collaborative grade level team meetings and data-driven instruction.
- Emerson combines a wide variety of academic, multi-cultural, and social programs to give our students a rich educational experience.
School Boundaries Map