Mountain View Elementary School
1380 South Navajo
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» Performance/AYP Reports
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
Mountain View’s mission is to provide a successful school experience for all students. We believe that this requires a working partnership between the home and the school. Our faculty is committed to building a strong foundation by fostering a positive attitude about academics and encouraging parents and community to be active participants in the education of their children.
Facts About Mountain View
- We offer full-day kindergarten for our school community, which includes dual-immersion Spanish.
- We have a Spanish bilingual immersion program in grades K-5 where students learn to read and write in both English and Spanish.
- Our families are highly involved in their children’s education. We have an active school community council and parent teacher organization. There are weekly parent meetings that are well-attended by the community called Dads in Action and Good Morning Mothers.
- We are a community learning center (CLC) that offers educational opportunities from the very young to adult. Come check out our new space! As part of our CLC, we have developed partnerships with the Williams Company, University Neighborhood Partners, the English Language Skills Center, and the University of Utah.
- Our mascot is a soaring eagle, which symbolizes our goal of high achievement in all areas.
Mountain View Highlights
- The original school was built in 1947. Our new building opened in 2002.
- When the school opened in 1947, it was named Glendale Park Elementary. In the 1970s, a contest was held for the students to help rename the school. Mountain View was chosen because the students could stand on the playground at recess and “view” the mountains on all sides of them.
- We have had three Utah state governors visit our building and enjoy our diversity.
- Mountain View is proud of its rich cultural and ethnic diversity. Thirty-one different languages are spoken by students at the school.