Highland High School
Highland High School ensures all students learn academic, social, emotional, and career proficiency skills to become successful adults. Exceptional instruction is complemented with timely interventions to guarantee success.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): This internationally recognized program combines university level curriculum courses in English, a second language, social studies, math, science, and fine arts into a comprehensive, challenging high school program. The program philosophy is to create global critical thinkers. The rigorous course is for advanced learners.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses: Highland High offers 21 AP courses allowing students a chance to earn college credit when they pass the AP exams. Highland ranks in the top ten schools in Utah with over 600 AP exams taken each year,
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways: There are 48 CTE classes offered to prepare students for the transition to the professional community. Welding, auto mechanics, wood shop, drafting, biotech, television broadcasting, early childhood care center, pre-school and day care internship, ProStart culinary, interior design, and fashion are offered on Highland's campus.
- Health Science Program: This program is designed to provide knowledge and skills to prepare students for college success and careers in the health professions. Advanced course work is available at Highland. This program includes a nationally recognized Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) student leadership organization.
- Arts Academy: The Arts Academy offers students opportunities to explore the arts through workshops, speakers, and attending concerts, plays and events. All activities are offered at no cost. The visual art, drama, dance and music programs have a renowned award winning tradition. Highland is one of the few schools with a professional art gallery and exhibits professional artists and student work.
- High School Rankings: Highland High has been traditionally ranked among the top schools in Utah according to Newsweek's "Top 1,000 High Schools."
- College Prep Center: The center offers preparation and guidance for college and post high school training. Students prepare for college, practice ACT tests, write college essays, and apply for scholarships.
- Freshmen Success Team: Every freshmen's progress is monitored weekly by a team member and tutoring is provided to ensure Freshmen success. Additionally, each freshman is assigned a member of the staff or faculty as a mentor.
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID): A continuous in-school academic support program which begins in middle school prepares students for college eligibility and success. Support is cross-curricular and on-going.
- Credit Recovery Classes: Allows students to make up credits in order to fulfill all graduation requirements.
- Free After School Tutoring: Tutoring is offered after school free of charge.
- Free Summer School: Students enrolled at Highland are offered free summer school.
- Athletics: Highland High has 19 different athletic teams and traditionally competes at the highest level, winning many state titles.
- Student Clubs: Highland offers a variety of student clubs, including the only Pep Club in the state. All students are encouraged to pick two extracurricular activities to feel included and learn time management skills for college success.
School Boundaries Map