Innovations Early College High School
Innovations Early College High School provides a dynamic personalized learning environment and is nationally recognized as a pioneer in transforming education. Students are the center of our school and utilizing the power and scalability of technology to customize education, students learn in their unique manner and pace; where constraints of traditional classrooms and barriers to educational innovation are removed.
We support students in planning and meeting their education goals through customization of their schedule. Additionally, parents will have online access to student attendance, course requirements, course progress, and grades. Students meet with a mentor teacher on a weekly basis and this provides academic and social support throughout their high school years. Students are also engaged in multiple pathways of learning including group projects, field trips, clubs and student events.
- Flexibility: Innovations Early College High School is both convenient and flexible. Students may move with their grade level or faster, based upon their commitment and learning goals.
- Personalized Education: A Personalized Education Plan meets the needs of students as they work towards graduation.
- Customized Schedule: Students have the opportunity to dynamically customize their schedule with a few limiting constructs. Students may also take courses at their boundary school, Career and Technical Center, and the Salt Lake Community College.
- Work at Your Own Pace: Students may finish a course as quickly as they demonstrate competency and may begin taking a new course immediately thereafter. This pedagogy allows students more control of their agency and their learning. This increases their motivation and accomplishment.
- Extended Hours Campus: A student is required to be on campus 6.5 hours each school day. They may attend between 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- College Degree: Students have the capacity to earn an associate’s degree within the same four years of high school through our partnership with the college with no expense to the student or family.