Northwest Middle School
1730 West 1700 North
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» Performance/AYP Reports
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
Northwest Middle School is dedicated to the academic excellence of all students. Over the past four years, student achievement has increased in language arts, science, and math because of our focused, collaborative work that creates relevant, engaging learning opportunities for our students.
Facts About Northwest
- Northwest was recognized as the Top Performing Middle School in the Salt Lake City School District for the 2010-11 school year. Currently, 80% of our students passed the language arts Criterion Referenced Test (CRT)!
- We are the #1 school in the district and among the top schools in the nation for technology. We have wireless access for over 600 netbooks, iPads, and iPods in the school, and we have a Smartboard in every classroom.
- Over the past three years, we’ve tripled the number of ELP and Honors courses we offer.
- Warrior Club recognizes high student achievement every quarter with positive rewards and activities. Currently, more than half of our students have over a 3.2 GPA!
- Our 7th grade arts program includes music, visual art, theatre, and dance. We also have added 3-D art/ceramics classes to our list of 8th grade electives.
- Multiple types of personal and academic support for identified students include AVID, math labs, reading labs, English Language Development classes, and Colors of Success.
- In 2011, we had state award winners in writing (Do the Write Thing contest) and art (Art and the Law contest). We also actively participate in MESA and the science fair; many of our students win city and regional awards for their incredible work!
- We are a culturally rich, diverse school. This diversity of people and opinions lets multiple views be heard and leads to a more authentic, well-rounded educational experience for all.