Please note that due to federal relief funding in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, meals are FREE for all students in all schools regardless of income status for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year. No meal applications are necessary for the 2020-2021 school year ONLY.
School Year 2020-2021 - NO APPLICATIONS NEEDED
Important things to remember:
- Families must reapply every school year for free and reduced meal benefits.
- Submit only ONE APPLICATION for your entire household. Do not submit a separate application for each child who attends school.
- Be careful to include all students and members of your household on the application. Don’t miss anyone.
- You must provide your student(s) birthday and/or student identification number to complete the application. Contact your school secretary if you do not have this information.
- Upon completion, the computer program will provide a confirmation number. Keep a record of that number as proof that your application has been submitted.
- Remember that the parent/guardian is responsible for all meal charges accrued while your application is being approved. Don’t wait. Apply early!
- Once the application is approved, you will receive a letter by mail within 10 business days that identifies the qualified meal benefit status for each student.
Parents are encouraged to wait and submit one application for free and reduced meal benefits for the entire household during the annual online student registration process prior to the first day of school. Families are also encouraged to reapply for free and reduced meal benefits at any time during the school year if their household experiences a financial hardship or they take in additional people.
Horizon's Solana Free & Reduced Online Application makes it easy and convenient to apply for meal benefits for your child at the click of a button. Online applications are instantly and securely submitted to the school district for processing and approval. It is extremely fast, convenient and reliable.
Parents may also elect to print out and submit a paper application to the kitchen manager or child nutrition department. Applications are available in a variety of languages; If you would like to obtain an application in another language: This link will direct you to the USDA translated applications page..
If you have questions or concerns regarding your students' free or reduced meal benefits, please contact Lea or Omar at: 801-974-8380
or email: email@example.com