Open Enrollment for all Contract Employees is May 22nd through June 22, 2020
20-2021 Benefit Changes
- There are no changes to the District health and dental plans this year, and no increase in premiums.
- If you plan to utilize a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical or dependent care next year, you must enroll and make a selection EACH year. This benefit does not carry over year to year.
- If you want to make changes to your medical or dental plan, you must make those selections during open enrollment.
- If you are happy with your current plan and do not wish to make any changes (excluding FSA which requires an annual election) you do not need to take any action this year.
- You may also elect to enroll in LTD and Life Insurance.
General Benefits Information
Contract employees with Salt Lake City School District are eligible to receive some or all of the following benefits dependent upon bargaining association; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance (dental not available to Contract Instructors), Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability (only available to Administrators and Exempt employees), District Provided Term Life Insurance, Employee Paid Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance, and access to the Employee Assistance Program.
For information related to what benefits you may be eligible for, please refer to the appropriate written agreement, negotiated agreement, or memorandum of understanding. You may also contact the Benefits Analyst by clicking the contact link with additional questions.
Please note that all contract employees are responsible to contact the Benefits office for a Benefit Orientation within 31 days of hire. Benefit enrollment forms must be completed and turned into Human Resources within 31 days of eligibility date/contract date of hire. Benefits begin 1st of the month following 30 days from eligibility date.