How the District Communicates with Families
We know you have many questions and will be looking for information, and we are committed to keeping you informed.
The District communicates with families and other stakeholders using the following methods:
- District website – The district website, https://www.slcschools.org, is the best place to find the most up-to-date information. The district website can be translated into several languages, which allows us to reach our families who speak languages other than English.
- Email – The district will email parents and employees with essential updates. Emails to parents will be sent in parents’ language of choice.
- Text message and voicemail – The district will also send critical alerts to parents via text message and voicemail.
- Social media – We will continue to post information on the District's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. When information needs to be shared immediately, the first social medial platform we update is Facebook. However, essential information is always found first on the district website.
- Parent questions – If parents have a district-level question about our COVID Mitigation Plan, they may contact email firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents may also contact their child’s principal for information specific to their child’s school.