Curriculum and Assessment Lab
C&A is a program designed to provide students with a different type of learning experience. C&A is based around authentic learning experiences in supportive classroom environments. Students have opportunities to work in cohorts and have teachers for more than one year, which creates a sense of community and continuity in their school experience.
The program has six Performance Results that all students strive to reach in addition to meeting Utah Core requirements:
- Self-directed learners
- Quality workers and producers
- Cooperative group participants and leaders
- Contributors to our community
- Complex thinkers and problem solvers
- Effective communicators
C&A programs are currently offered at:
- Ensign Elementary School (grades 1-2, 3-4, 5-6)
- Hawthorne Elementary School (grades 1-2, 3-4, 5-6)
- Clayton Middle School (grades 7-8)
To apply for the C&A Program, complete the online Open Enrollment Application (see link under Resources). Spots are assigned by a random lottery at the end of the enrollment period.