Student/Family Technical Support Information
Parents and Students can receive technical support as follows:
- Teachers and other school staff – teachers can help reset students’ passwords and help instruct them how to use the different websites and software used in the classroom
- Support Request – You can request support from our Information Technology Department by clicking on the ‘Student Technical Support’ button on the district or school website. Complete the form and someone will contact you within 24 hours.
- Call the Help Desk – Families can call 801-578-8224 to receive technical support. Please be aware that the help desk call volume is very high. If no one answers, please leave a message and someone will contact you within 24 hours.
- Password Changes – Parents can reset their students’ password in PowerSchool Parent portal.
- School office staff can help parents gain access to the Parent Portal
- Technical Support Locations – Beginning September 8, families can receive technical help with laptops at the following Community Center Locations, Monday – Thursday from 11 am – 7 pm and from 11 am - 5 pm on Friday.
- Liberty Community Learning Center (1078 S 300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111)
- Rose Park Community Learning Center (1105 West 1000 North, Salt Lake City, UT, 84116)
- Glendale/Mountain View Community Learning Center (1388 Navajo St, Salt Lake City, UT 84104)
Student Login Names
- Students have two main login names:
- Email Address – Each student has an email address that follows this format [first Name].[Last Initial][last three digits of student number]@slcstudents.org (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Short Username – This username consists of the student’s [first name initial][last name initial][6 digit student number] (ex. sa123456)
- Canvas, Clever, and Microsoft 365 all use the student email address as the username.
- Occasionally, a website will require a different username. This username will be supplied by the teacher.
- Passwords must be 8 characters in length.
- Passwords cannot be the student number or short username.
- Passwords can be changed by Parents in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Teachers have the ability to reset a student’s password. You can contact your teacher via Canvas or email.
- Students can reset their password by going to Link to student password change resource
- Laptops run Microsoft Windows 10.
- Students login to the laptop using their email address or short username and password.
- For the best experience, each student should login to the laptop using their own username.
- When working on iPads, students need to login to the Internet first
- To do this, Click on the Internet Log In icon on the tablet.
- Then enter the student’s short username and district password