Learn more about our program by clicking one of the buttons below:
|Work for Us||Apply for Meal Benefits||Pay for School Meals||Menus|
|Contact Us||District Wellness Policy||Program Resources||Donations|
Salt Lake City School District 2023 Summer Food Service Program- All kids 18 and under are welcome to join us for free meals at a variety of nearby schools and parks this summer.
2023 SLCSD Summer Food Service Program School Sites
2023 SLCSD Summer Food Service Program Park Sites
Meal Prices for SY' 2022-2023
FREE and REDUCED Price Student Meals (federally subsidized reimbursable meal)
- ALL Schools: Lunch - $0.00 / Breakfast - $0.00
PAID Student Meals (partially subsidized reimbursable meal)
- Elementary Schools: Lunch - $2.00 / Breakfast - $1.00
- Middle Schools: Lunch - $2.30 / Breakfast - $1.20
- High Schools: Lunch - $2.50 / Breakfast - $1.20
Non-Program Sales (not subsidized)
Non-program foods such as second meals, adult meals, and single menu items (milk, fruit, vegetable, chips, etc.) can be purchased via an online meal account or with a meal ticket purchased at the school office.
- Adult and Second Meals: Lunch - $3.75 / Breakfast - $2.75
- Single Food Items - Entrée $2.00 / Fruit, Vegetable, or Side Dish $1.00 / Milk or Juice $0.50
IMPORTANT: Second student meals and non-enrolled child meals will be charged the full adult meal price
If you have questions or concerns about your child's meal charges, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Child Nutrition Department at (801) 974-8380.
What is a federally subsidized Reimbursable Meal?
Reimbursable Meal: A meal which meets the U.S. Department of Agriculture regulations and may be claimed for payment from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Reimbursable Student Lunch:
It is recommended that each student lunch selection includes one component from all five food groups: Fruit, Vegetable, Grain, Milk, and Meat/Meat Alternate. At a minimum, to qualify as a reimbursable lunch the student MUST select the following:
1) Student MUST select at least three (3) components, each from a different food group; and
2) One (1) component selected MUST be either a fruit or a vegetable (minimum ½ cup)
Reimbursable Student Breakfast:
It is recommended that each student breakfast selection includes a Main Entrée (grain or meat/meat alternate), a fruit and a milk component. At a minimum, to qualify as a reimbursable breakfast the student must select the following:
1) Student MUST select at least one (1) Main Entrée (grain or meat/meat alternate); and
2) One (1) component selected MUST be a fruit (minimum ½ cup)
Pandemic EBT for SLC School District Families
If you have a child attending a school in Salt Lake City School District and have questions or concerns about the parent initiated issuance for Pandemic EBT, contact Janely Guzman by phone (801) 974-8380 or by email Janely.Guzman@slcschools.org
IMPORTANT DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS
2023 Summer PEBT
The 2023 Summer PEBT program information is now posted on the Department of Workforce Services webpage https://jobs.utah.gov/covid19/pebt/ .
Additional 2023 Summer PEBT Information: Utah State Board of Education News Release: Summer P-EBT Benefits
The last day a household can apply for free or reduced-price meal benefits to be considered eligible for 2023 Summer Pandemic EBT benefits is May 1, 2023.
- Need to report your card is lost or to request a new card;
- Report an address change;
- Can't set your PIN;
- Having card issues such as transaction denials;
- Have questions about deposits or issuance amounts
- Are not certain which children have been issued payments
You will need to contact the PEBT team by sending an email to PEBT@Utah.gov with the following details:
- Full Name and Birthdates for all children (As the name is on the school records)
- The State Student ID (If you have this number)
- The name of all parents/guardians that are in the home
- Your full mailing address
- A description of the reason you need help
NOTE: You cannot contact the PEBT team by phone. If you are calling the EBT Help Desk or your DWS caseworker, they will be unable to assist you because they do not have access to the PEBT payment systems.
Every household must reapply each school year or be direct certified for their student to receive free and reduced-price meal benefits. Parents are encouraged to annually submit one application (after July 1) for their entire household before their children attend school. Be sure to apply early to allow time for the approval process. Students who do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals at time of service will be charged for their meal.
If you have questions or concerns about your child's Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefits, please email us at email@example.com or call the Child Nutrition Department at (801) 974-8380.
Click Here to start your Free and Reduced Price Meal Application for SY' 2022-2023
KITCHEN HELP WANTED Starting wage $15.50/HR
Great career & advancement opportunityEarn money while children attend school Free up your evening, weekend, and holidays to enjoy with your friends and family!
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR FREE AND REDUCED MEALS
ONLINE MEAL PAYMENTS
Elem School BIC Menu (June 2023)
Summer School Sites Menu (June 2023)
Summer School Sites Menu (July 2023)
Summer Park Sites Menu (June 2023)