Welcome Back to School - Apply for Free and Reduced Price Meals
PLEASE BE AWARE - Many of the grants and waivers available during the pandemic are no longer available, and school meals are no longer free to all children. Households who need assistance purchasing school meals must apply for Free and Reduced Meal Benefits or qualify by direct certification.
Every household must reapply each school year or be direct certified for their student to receive free and reduced price meal benefits. Parents are encouraged to annually submit one application (after July 1) for their entire household before their children attend school. Be sure to apply early to allow time for the approval process. Students who do not qualify for free or reduced price meals at time of service will be charged for their meal.
If you have questions or concerns about your child's Free and Reduced Price Meal Benefits, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Child Nutrition Department at (801) 974-8380.
Meal Prices for SY' 2022-2023
FREE and REDUCED Price Student Meals (federally subsidized)
- ALL Schools: Lunch - $0.00 / Breakfast - $0.00
PAID Student Meals
- Elementary Schools: Lunch - $2.00 / Breakfast - $1.00
- Middle Schools: Lunch - $2.30 / Breakfast - $1.20
- High Schools: Lunch - $2.50 / Breakfast - $1.20
Non-program foods such as second meals, adult meals, and single menu items (milk, fruit, vegetable, chips, etc.) can be purchased via an online meal account or with a meal ticket purchased at the school office.
- Adult and Second Meals: Lunch - $3.75 / Breakfast - $2.75
- Single Food Items - Entrée $2.00 / Fruit, Vegetable, or Side Dish $1.00 / Milk or Juice $0.50
IMPORTANT: Second student meals and non-enrolled child meals will be charged the full adult meal price
If you have questions or concerns about your child's meal charges, please email us at email@example.com or call the Child Nutrition Department at (801) 974-8380.
IMPORTANT DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Information about eligibility for PEBT benefits can be found on the jobs.utah.gov/covid19/pebt website. There is information about the School Year (Sep 2021-May 2022) section as well as a Summer PEBT section that will give you the criteria for each P-EBT issuance along with the issuance schedule.
- Need to report your card is lost or to request a new card;
- Report an address change;
- Can't set your PIN;
- Having card issues such as transaction denials;
- Have questions about deposits or issuance amounts
- Are not certain which children have been issued payments
You will need to contact the PEBT team by sending an email to PEBT@Utah.gov with the following details:
- Full Name and Birthdates for all children (As the name is on the school records)
- The State Student ID (If you have this number)
- The name of all parents/guardians that are in the home
- Your full mailing address
- A description of the reason you need help
NOTE: You cannot contact the PEBT team by phone. If you are calling the EBT Help Desk or your DWS caseworker, they will be unable to assist you because they do not have access to the PEBT payment systems.
KITCHEN HELP WANTED Starting wage $15.50/HR
Great career & advancement opportunityEarn money while children attend school Free up your evening, weekend, and holidays to enjoy with your friends and family!