On January 7, 2022, Dr. Angela Dunn issued a public health order requiring people in Salt Lake County, regardless of vaccination status or past COVID-19 infection, to wear well-fitting masks when indoors (or queueing outdoors) in public. The order, #2022-01, is in response to the record-breaking surge of the Omicron COVID-19 variant; it takes effect at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, January 8, 2022, and is currently planned to be in force until 5 p.m. on Monday, February 7, 2022.
Once the public health order is removed, Salt Lake City School District will continue to abide by Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall’s mask mandate. Salt Lake City’s mask mandate is currently in effect until April 1, 2022. Parents of students with health conditions and those with disabilities may speak with their child’s school principal to request a mask exemption.
- What happens if my student has COVID-19 symptoms?
- What are COVID-19 symptoms?
- When should my student be tested for COVID-19?
- What happens if a student or staff member is exposed to COVID at school?
- What happens if an athlete or coach is exposed to COVID at school athletic event?
- How do I know that I have been exposed to COVID-19?
- Are students, employees, parents, and visitors required to wear masks or face coverings in schools?
- What is the mask protocol for outdoor activities?
- What is the protocol for school contact tracing?
- Where do I find information about the number of COVID-19 cases in my school?
- Will Salt Lake City School District be providing COVID –19 testing and vaccination clinics?
- Will my child be administered the COVID-19 vaccine without my consent?
- Will schools be allowed to provide outdoor events for students and families?
- Will schools be allowed to hold assemblies, dances, awards ceremonies, parent nights, etc.?
- Will parents be allowed to visit schools?
- Will visitors and volunteers be allowed to enter schools?
- Will schools be allowed to schedule field trips?
- Will parents be allowed to chaperone on field trips?
- Will parents be allowed to use their personal vehicles to transport students to field trips, school-sponsored events, or athletic events?
- Will students be allowed to share school materials and supplies?
- How will meal service be provided in schools?
- What educational services will be provided to students in COVID-19 isolation or quarantine?
- What is Test to Stay and what does it mean for my child(ren)?
- Will my child(ren) have to commit to an entire school year if we enroll in Salt Lake Virtual Elementary?
- What are schools doing to keep fresh air circulating in classrooms?