Virtual Middle School Program for 2022-23
Clayton Middle School will be the home of the district's virtual middle school program for online students, starting in the 2022-23 school year. Students can begin enrolling for the new school year on April 4, 2022.
Students will have access to a basic middle school program.
A full year of
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
A half-year of
- CCA/Digital Studies (8th grade)
- Art (7th or 8th grade)
- PE (7th or 8th grade)
- Health (7th grade)
*As the virtual school grows, more electives will be offered.
The online middle school program will be a synchronous schedule with live instruction and increased time with teachers. Students will follow the same bell schedule as Clayton and use Canvas as a platform for learning and submitting assignments. As needed, Clayton will provide students with the devices and access to internet services.
Students enrolled in the virtual middle school program will be part of the Clayton Cougar Community. Direct contact with students and families, including support for students with IEPs or 504s, will be more efficient as all resources will be at one site. Students will have access to a school counselor, announcements, activities, and after-school events.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a student take some classes online and some in person? NO
- Can classes be substituted for classes listed on the program description? NO
- Can a student move back to their neighborhood school during the year? YES
- Can a student participate in afterschool events, such as dances, at the school? YES
- Can a student participate in classes such as theater, music, etc., in person at the school? NO
- What if a student is not participating online? The school will intervene. If there is no change, after 10 days the student will be returned to their in-person neighborhood school (or district).
A Zoom parent meeting before open enrollment is scheduled for March 22, at 5:30 pm. Interested families should plan on attending. To receive a Zoom invite to the meeting, please fill out this form by clicking here, or email Clayton's registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.