The Federal Title I program promotes school-wide reform in high-poverty schools to ensure students access scientifically-based instructional strategies and challenging academic content.
Title I supports school efforts to ensure:
- All children meet challenging academic standards.
- All children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education.
- Offers additional resources for high-poverty schools to enhance educational opportunities for disadvantaged students.
Title I provides flexible funding that may be used for:
- additional instructional staff
- Professional development
- Extended-time programs
- Other strategies for raising student achievement in high-poverty schools